[Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password] How to Recover Data on it
Forgot the lock password of your iPad screen and iPad can't be unlocked, stays on the black screen? Are you worried about how to fix this problem? Don't panic!Actually, if you want to unlock your device with a lock password, other than entering the passcode, the only method is to restore your iPad to the original factory settings. But in this way, all your iPad data will be deleted when you perform the factory setting restore. According to this situation, before you plan to do it, you'd better back up your iPad data previously.
How to retrieve or back up iPad files? iOS Data Recovery (Mac) or iOS Data Recovery (Windows) can help you solve your problem. Both of them allow you to restore your data from iPad selectively and save them on your computer, which are completely safe and reliable. What's more, they can help you recover those data you have deleted from iPhone accidentally.
Let’ s see how to retrieve/backup data from your locked iPad. Here, we take iOS Data Recovery (for Windows users) as an example.Now, let's try this free and trial version of the iOS Data Recovery to solve this problem.
Step 1: Launch the software on your computer
Download, install and launch the program on your computer. If you use iPad with Retina Display, iPad mini, the new iPad or iPad 2, the main interface as below will appear after connecting it to your computer.
Step 2: Enter the scanning mode to scan data from locked iPadIf you are iPad 1 users, follow the steps below to enter the device's scanning mode to scan it. It's safe and does no harm to your data and iPad.
- 1. Hold your iPad and click the "Start" button on the window of the program.
- 2. Hold the "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time for exactly 10 seconds.
- 3. After 10 seconds, you can release the "Power" button, but still pressing the "Home" button for anther 15 seconds.
After that, you will got into the scanning mode successfully.
For other iPad users like iPad mini, iPad with Retina Display, etc, you can click the button of "Start Scan" directly to scan lost data from iPad.
Step 3: Preview and get back the iPad data
When the scan over, you can preview the data from the scan result according to your needing. Then you can choose the data you want to recover and save them on you pc by clicking the "Recover" button.
How to solve the problem of forgeten password on iPad (unlock iPad password)
After you have retrieved your data from locked iPad, now let's try to follow the instructions of Apple's official to unlock your device.
- 1. Connect your iPad to computer.
- 2. Choose iPad in the iTunes sidebar, and click the tab of "Summary".
- 3. Then hit “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you whether there’s a newer version of the iPad software available.
- 4. Click "Restore". You should complete the recover process by following the instructions on the screen. During the process, you will be recommended to back up your iPad. After restored the software of iPad, you can choose to set up iPad as a new iPad, or restore your songs, movies, app data and other contents from your backup.
Note: As a matter of fact, though you take your iPad to the Apple service center, Apple staff also need to restore your device to unlock it. However, it will erase all your data on it. Hence, recover/back up your iPad data is very important and necessary.
comments powered by Disqus